Kingsmead's current vacancies are shown below:
Please download the Person Specification and Application Form below and return to email@example.com. You can also use the contact form to request further information.
Kingsmead School is seeking to appoint a focused and enthusiastic teacher of Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology) to cover for the maternity leave of a highly capable and valued colleague. The role starts in January 2019 for at least two terms, likely three.
Kingsmead is a larger than average secondary school with a wonderfully diverse population. We are habitually in the top 20% for progress nationally at both GCSE and A Level. We do this with an ambitious curriculum that values the Sciences, Humanities and Arts in equal measure. We work very hard, but we also do this with the aim of making sure that what we do as teachers is about the impact of the hours we teach mark and plan, rather than the quantity.
Social Sciences are absolutely fundamental to our Sixth Form curriculum. Both subjects were at least an ALPS 3 last year and the Psychology progress was some of the very best in England. The department is exceptionally well run and the resources are second to none.
If you choose to join us we can offer you:
· Students and colleagues who are enthusiastic about learning.
· Experience of a large, complex and long-term successful urban secondary school.
· A collaborative environment focused on improving everyone in the team.
· Supportive behaviour and performance management systems.
· A school that aims to do things the right way, not just the easy way.
We ask in return:
· That you are committed to the very best outcomes for all students.
· That you are aiming to be the best teacher you can possibly be.
Deadline for Applications: Monday 10th September at 9:00 am
Starting Date: January 2019
Kingsmead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please read our person specification and the explanation of how our school values affect the way we run the school.